Sensei Robert Brown
Seitei Iaido and Jodo Instructor
Dr Bob Brown has 30 years of experience with Japanese weapon arts. His grades include:
- 5th Dan Zen Ken Ren Iaido (traditional sword handling) Awarded in Sendai, Japan
- 5th Dan Zen Ken Ren Jodo (short staff vs sword) Awarded in Sendai, Japan
- 2nd Dan Zen Ken Ren Kendo (armoured shinai sparring)
- 1st Dan IKYF Kyudo (Japanese longbow archery) Awarded in Nagoya, Japan
He teaches Iaido and Jodo at the Wollongong Kendo Club as well as at the Bujutsu Martial Arts Centre, where he established the Zen Ken Ren Iaido and Jodo Macarthur Dojo. He co-authored the official history of the AKR’s first 50 years, with its founder the late Bennett Sensei.
Dr Brown also holds the following martial arts administrative positions:
- Chair, NSW Kendo Association Iaido Technical Committee
- Member, NSW Kenso Association Jodo Technical Commitee
- Served as Secretary, Australian Kendo Renmei Iaido Technical Board
- Served as Secretary, Australian Kendo Renmei Jodo Technical Board
- East Coast Representative, Tamiya Ryu Iaijutsu, Australia.
The ZNKR is the Zen Nihon Kendo Renmei, official international organization which controls and represents Kendo, Iaido and Jodo. It was established by the Japanese government after World War II.
The Australian Kendo Renmei and the NSW Kendo Association are the Australian state and national bodies affiliated with the Zen Nihon Kendo Renmei arts through the International Kendo Federation.
The IKYF is the International Kyudo Federation which administers Japanese archery worldwide.